Monday, July 19, 2010

Issue # 4 - Axing the reputation


Good day gentlemen, how are you all today? I am taking a slight detour to what I normally write about in order to do a little consumer review. I do not refer anything or speak highly of anything unless i truly do believe in it...and as much as it shocks me personally, I believe in AXE hair products.
I said AXE HAIR PRODUCTS , not ALL axe products (Put that body spray and body wash down, chump). I originally had boycotted Axe products since the body spray smelled like an over anxious twelve year old boy, and the body wash was hardly better. However out of necessity one evening, I decided to try an Axe styling product. And you know what? It amazed me. I had picked up the "Spiked up look" for this occasion, and although i normally use a much thicker glue-like product, this actually was quite fantastic. The Axe products are geared towards having manageable and stylable hair without being rock solid or looking like it will injure someone (Translation: It's for guys who want to look grown up, not like the guys in 98 degrees), and they do just that. The "Spiked up look" was lightweight and gave volume without making the hair look thinner and overdone. There was no weight to the hair and I didn't feel weighed down.
Curious, i went and tried several of the other products, and was as impressed with them as the first. I added "Clean cut look" and "polished look" to my arsenal, and am actually using some now. They are both light weight Pommade type products adding smoothness and shine to your hair without it being greasy. It allows you to have complete flexibility without looking like you dunked your head in a vat of oil. If you have wavy hair like myself, this is a great product since it gives you wave and control at the same time. Which makes it look like you didn't spend a lot of time to look good, and you look approachable, not like a priss.
If you want a bit more control, throw a couple sprays of hair spray over top of it when it's styled. I prefer Got 2 B's Freeze Spray since it means business. Don't get out of control though cowboy, otherwise you've just defeated the purpose of the Axe products.
HINT: Use the Axe Hair products on DRY or SLIGHTLY damp hair. Putting them into wet hair will also defeat the look these achieve.
Take your time, spend a little bit of cash and try them out for yourself. The only downfall is that they each have a very Axe-like scent, but that dissipates, so it's worthwhile. I also refer the axe "Intense De-Glue" shampoo in the Green bottle. It's got little scrub beads in it to really get all the grime out of your hair.
So check them out, and as Axe says, "Get girl approved hair". They couldn't be more right. These products are for the guy who wants to look grown up and polished, not like he never grew out of high school.
Hope this helped, and i hope to see great hair in the future
Sincerely,
S.G

No comments:

Post a Comment