Friday, July 30, 2010

The Mailroom

Well, it's been a successful beginning to the Style Eye, and while there is only ONE actual follower of this blog so far, I have discovered that its being read by many people...some who love it, some who hate it. This was expected of course, and in this first installment of the mailroom, I will be answering questions, and replying to peoples' comments. Names have been removed, so no one gets too embarrassed.

I will begin with a word of mouth comment someone forwarded to me from a disgruntled reader. He explained to me that this person was very offended by my outlook on cargo shorts, flip flops and Aeropostale Shirts. Apparently he was upset since he is exactly the type of guy i was referring to, using fast food fashion instead of trying to actually look good. Apparently this person wanted to find me, and punch me in the face...


I will begin my reply to this person by asking a question of my own: Why are you so angry that you have poor style? It's no one's fault but your own. if that's your style, then so be it. I am not going to tell you what you HAVE to wear. I am simply pointing you in the right direction so you don't look like a lazy slob every single day. And come on man, Aeropostale shirts? Nothing that has the brand name Plastered across the front of it 99 times is attractive to anyone. Have you actually LOOKED inside the store? It looks like a Unicorn Ate a poison rainbow and vomited over ever article of clothing in there. Do you really want Unicorn rainbow vomit on you? In regards to wanting to punch me in the face. Well, that's your perogative. But isn't taking violent action just a really Dbag way of saying "I hate you because you're right"?...think about it.


Dear S.G. - what are your thoughts on wearing no socks with shoes and shorts?

My thoughts are that it looks fantastic. IF you have the right shoes and shorts of course. If you have a pair of slip ons with a good pair of well fitted shorts, then more power to you. I personally have a few pairs of slip ons in a variety of styles, and no socks is the ONLY way to wear them with shorts. Check out a cool pair of Sperry Top siders or some Steve Maddens. Now, if you are intending to wear any other type of shoes, please stay away from any sort of running shoe, especially the all-white basketball type. I saw a younger guy just a few days ago wearing a light blue button down with just-above the knee walking shorts in navy blue and a great pair of white lace ups with no socks. It looked fantastic, and everything was fitted and tailored perfectly. Use your discretion and work the look!


S.G.: Who do you think you are to tell people there bad dressers? Your full of sh?*t


Well, i am using the power of the internet to voice my thoughts just as you can. You don't have to read it, and you don't have to abide by it. This blog is just a point in the right direction. If you think i am full of excrement, then start your own blog and talk about your own things. Also, you may want to check out a few grammar and spelling blogs to figure out that tricky "there, their, they're" rule and the "your, you're" rule. Just putting that out there.



what would you suggest to a guy who wants one good summer time cologne?


Hmm, just one? That's a hard choice! If you're going to go with just one scent, test them out first. I would narrow it down to a top 3 - Dolce and Gabbana Masculine, Lacoste Red, and Dolce and Gabbana Light blue. Go find them, test them, love one, and make it yours.


That's all for today, keep the comments coming, and stay tuned for issue # 7 - Guy-giene.

S.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment